BTZS.org >> Forums home page

General Discussions
 General Discussions

Announcements | General Discussions | Plotter | ExpoDev Palm | Film & Paper Testing | Practical BTZS | ExpoDev for iOS

Messages 21 to 30 of 316 (Total: 316) First | Prev | Next | Last
Subject 
Author 
Date 
Re: Tube Development and Edge Density 
Fred Newman  11:22 24 May 11 
Elliot  18:29 30 May 11 
Fred Newman  12:16 4 Jun 11 
Hi Elliot

I don't know why, but it would be difficult to do a pre-soak (and complicate the procedure) with the BTZS tubes and with the initial shaking for about 10 seconds of the tubes the developer covers the area of the film and development is very even, which is the main reason he came up with the tubes for processing sheet film. He was not satisfied with the even-ness of development of sheet film in a tray.

With the Jobo 3000 series tanks - it takes a while for the developer to be poured into the tanks, so a 5 minute pre-soak is recommended.

Please note with the same film and developer combination - test results can differ for the BTZS tubes and Jobo Tanks. I found that out when I tested 400 T-Max-2 (4x5 film) in the BTZS tubes and Jobo Tanks. My usual dilution for Ilford DDX is 1+9 at 75 degrees. It worked fine with the BTZS tubes but had to go to 1+12 in the Jobo tank to get similar results.

In the near future I will be retesting a number of films with both the BTZS tubes and Jobo tanks and I'm quite curious what the results will be.

For those not familiar with using the BTZS tubes please see my video on youtube.com, in 2 parts. It had to be in 2 parts because when the video was done there was a 10 minute limit on videos. To find the videos please do a search on the word "viewcamerastore".

Fred

Elliot  19:56 4 Jun 11 
Laura Campbell  21:29 5 Jun 11 
The BTZS. org future 
Elliot  20:56 13 Feb 10 
Re: The BTZS. org future 
david jade  23:29 14 Feb 10 
Barry Wilkinson  6:15 15 Feb 10