BTZS.org >> Forums home page

General Discussions
 General Discussions

Announcements | General Discussions | Plotter | ExpoDev Palm | Film & Paper Testing | Practical BTZS | ExpoDev for iOS

Messages 311 to 316 of 316 (Total: 316) First | Prev | Next | Last 
Subject 
Author 
Date 
Re: Paper speeds 
Phil  8:52 3 Nov 02 
To the Newbies out there 
Phil  19:05 24 Oct 02 
I don't think anyone has ever claimed that learning the BTZS approach and methods is for the faint at heart. What we do say is that a few days of open-minded, concentrated study can change the way you think about how to handle the B&W photographic process.

Here (with the writer's permission) is an excerpt from an email message I received a few days ago. I think he summed up the learning experience pretty well:

"In retrospect, the BTZS learning process was/is more difficult than I would have guessed. I mean that not in an unkind way - you make it so simple that it is beguiling. The difficulty for me was twofold: (i) film test and more film tests, paper tests etc chewed up so much time and (ii) in making sense of all the different results it was difficult to instinctively know where to look for cock-ups in my process and technique. Having said all this, I would gladly go through it all again and certainly encourage others to become familiar and hopefully master the system because, as they say on TV, "... it really really works!"

As the exercise physiologists tell us, "No Pain, No Gain!" That seems to apply to learning, too.

Re: To the Newbies out there 
howard schwartz  20:05 24 Oct 02 
DI#13 
Clay Harmon  12:23 13 Oct 02 
Re: DI#13 
Phil  15:07 13 Oct 02 
Re: DI#13 
Michael Carboy  18:43 27 Oct 02 

BTZS.org >> Forums home page

Note: The BTZS.org forums are now in read-only mode Last Updated: 22 Aug 2002